Saturday, December 15, 2012

happy holidays during this sad time



For the next few weeks, I will be responding very slowly to emails due to the holidays coming up. I will still be responding and getting work done, just at a slower pace than normal. I have also been having problems with Gmail. If you do not hear back from me within 48 hours, please email me again or leave me a message on Stella Bella Invites Facebook page.

I also wanted to comment on the horrible events that transpired yesterday in Newton. My heart swells with sadness of the innocence lost. I am a teacher and it angers me to think that anyone could actual go into a school and hurt innocent children. Every teacher I know would lay down their lives for their students, just as they did in Newton. Those teachers, the principal and other staff members courageously saved their students and are true heros. My heart and prayers go to the families who lost their sweet young children, and also to the families whose children witnessed these horrible events. I wish that as a country we can find a way to stop these senseless slaughters and learn from what has happened. I don't want to get political, but there are issues that need to be addressed to ensure that someone can never walk into a school again with a semi-automatic weapon and hurt our innocent children in the one place they should feel safe. I hope that everyone this holiday season holds their love ones close and no longer take their families or friends for granted.

Sincerely,
Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment