Saturday, May 23, 2009

Marriage Equality

I love reading Stinkerpants Design because of her true talent in creating something completely unique! She also has great business posts which help me in figuring out the next steps in my business.

A week or so ago I noticed she had a banner on her site regarding Equality. Living in California, I was sickened when Prop H8te passed. I couldn't believe how ignorant people could be. I know that there are people who do not believe in marriage equality for religious reasons, but that is not what the LBGT community is asking for. They are asking for the right to have a "legal" marriage, not a "religious" or "rite" of marriage, which is done by a church. As being someone who studied the law of this country, it angers me that there is not a real separation between church and state, which the drafters of the constitution asked for. Everyone has the right to practice the religion they choose, but they do not have the right to put their views out as the correct and only view. Right now their religious views are what is stopping the passage of gay marriage. The only argument that I have heard is the "bible" argument. Please give me another one and I will be happy to hear it.

We now have an African American man as President, why can't we see that the discrimination against communities needs to stop. There is not a superior race or a superior view, it is a melting pot. But everyone deserves the RIGHT to choose what they want to do. If they have religious qualms regarding gay marriage then they don't have to go in support of one. How can a man marrying a man, or a woman marrying a woman, hurt you so much to make it illegal?

Discriminating comes in many forms and the discrimination against the LBGT community is truly pitiful. For those getting married... how would you feel if someone told you that you couldn't marry that person that you love?

DISCLAIMER- I know that this may anger some people but I have stayed silent too long. I have nothing against God or the Bible, I just wish it was completely taken out of the secular government that we are supposed to have!

For those wanting the banner in support of the "right of marriage for all", you can contact sara@stinkerpants.com

No comments:

Post a Comment